In addition to providing the college's mission, vision, goals, and culture statements, this portal is designed to link to resources for the College of HRSM’s faculty and staff with IT and Communications ticketing systems.
College Mission, Vision and Goals
We prepare the next generation of leaders in our fields by integrating experiential learning, teaching excellence, impactful research and industry collaboration across a dynamic and highly synergistic blend of academic areas dedicated to the industries that ultimately create and improve customer, guest, fan and patron experiences around the world.
A powerful learning arena where passionate students, teaching excellence, innovative scholarship and industry leaders come together to advance the world’s customer experience industries.
HRSM is a community of travelers, sports fanatics, foodies, retail therapists and moment makers. But this isn’t a hobby. It’s our business. We are lifelong-learners, scholars, leaders and entrepreneurs.
• Lead by example and teach from experience.
• Respect colleagues and appreciate differences.
• Pursue excellence in what we do.
• Are inherently and intentionally global.
• Share ideas and make time for mentorship.
• Are friendly, welcoming, helpful and inclusive.
• Love what we do.
- Move the college into a new facility that supports and reflects our vision and mission and to subsequently improve the economic sustainability, recognition and visibility of the college's students, alumni, faculty and research.
- Develop and improve graduate and undergraduate curricula while valuing and supporting diversity in the college's student body, faculty and staff.
- Increase the college's applied research activities, sponsored funding and publication record.
- Develop and expand international involvement with comparable institutions and businesses for faculty and students.
- Provide service and outreach efforts to our respective professions, the State of South Carolina, nation and global communities.