RETL 592/HRTM 590
Tour Dates: May 20 – 28, 2021
Faculty Leaders: Karen Edwards and Sandy Strick
Join us for an eight-day immersion in Florence, Italy — epicenter of culture and birthplace to some of the world’s most prestigious brands. Take in the rich heritage and splendor of the iconic city that Michelangelo, Ferragamo, Pucci and other notables called home, as you learn about luxury management from a retailing and hospitality perspective. Led by expert faculty from UofSC, this unique program provides a life-changing international experience as you study, first-hand, the business of luxury from a cross-disciplinary view.
- 20 hours of on-site instruction from international luxury management experts
- Daytrips to Tuscan winery, Castillo Banfi, and the luxury automaker Lamborghini
- Visits to Gucci Gardens, the St. Regis, Ferragamo, and the Uffizi Museum
- Behind-the-scenes tours of The Leather School and a private fashion company, walking tours,
- And much more!
Program Fees Include:
- Live lectures from luxury brand experts
- Entrance to scheduled events, venues and museums listed on final itinerary
- In-country transportation to Castillo Banfi and Lamborghini museum
- Accommodations based on multiple occupancy
- Meals: daily breakfast, two group meals
In addition to the program fee, you must register for RETL 592 or HRTM 590 for the Maymester/Summer 2021 semester. Airfare to/from Florence, Italy, tuition, $150 Study Abroad fee, entertaiment and excursions not listed on itinerary, gratuity, and baggage and personal expenses are not covered.
Please complete your application with the Study Abroad office prior to March 1. For more information about this trip and to apply, visit the Study Abroad website.
Unless UofSC cancels travel due to Covid-19 or unforeseen events, deposit and payment for program fees are non-refundable.
Tour cost: $3,950.
Non-refundable deposit of $1,975:
Due by December 1, 2020
Remaining payment of $1,975:
Due by February 1, 2021.
*All visits on itinerary subject to change based on availability.
Payment link for Luxury Management coming soon.