The interdisciplinary studies major offered by UofSC's College of Hospitality, Retail and Sport Management is designed for non-traditional students who have a variety of academic and work experience and are ready to earn their bachelor’s degree. The dynamic design of the degree program enables students to select courses tailored to their interest and graduation timeline.
- NEW! Students can now complete the B.A.I.S. degree 100% online!
- Earn a bachelor’s degree from a world-renowned school
- Maximize prior college credits
- Flexible course delivery options accommodate your schedule and learning style.
- Specialize in:
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Retail Management and Fashion Merchandising
- Sport and Entertainment Management
“Providing a customized degree that helps students achieve their academic and career
goals has always been at the core of the B.A.I.S. program. Having an online degree
completion option in addition to our on-campus delivery makes this transformative
program even more accessible to working professionals, parents, active military and
veterans and other non-traditional students who want to complete their degree.”
— B.A.I.S. and Online Learning Director Marianne Bickle
In 1996 Michelle Knight accepted a job at the Carolina Coliseum, a moment that would shape her academic and career future.
After recovering from a baseball injury, Chandler Engel forged a new path to success.
As a military veteran, husband and father, Reggie Regester’s walk across the graduation stage is all the more satisfying.
There is a two step admission process:
- Students must apply for undergraduate admission to the University of South Carolina and select the HRSM interdisciplinary studies degree as their major.
- To finalize acceptance to the B.A.I.S. program, please contact the HRSM Office of Student Services by calling 803-777-3374 to discuss eligibility.
B.A.I.S. is designed for non-traditional students and has the following program-specific eligibility requirements:
- Prior to admission into the program, students must have earned at least 60 college credit hours or be 25 years of age or older.
- The minimum GPA is 2.0.
- Students will need to complete a minimum of 30 credit hours in the program.
- Students must share clear academic goals and make a personal proposal for how they will meet those goals through their coursework. Please keep in mind that the College of HRSM B.A.I.S. degree specializes in the fields of hospitality, tourism, retail, and sport and entertainment management, so experience or interest in those fields is important.
Students will work with a B.A.I.S. advisor to design an individualized program of study, which must include at least 30 hours of 300-level UofSC coursework and conform to all general university academic regulations for the baccalaureate degree. This degree requires a minimum total of 120 approved hours to graduate, including:
- Carolina Core Hours (31-46 Hours)
- Interdisciplinary Major Hours (36 Hours)
- Required Coursework (6 Hours)
- HRSM Discipline (15 Hours)
- Secondary Discipline (15 Hours)
- Free Electives (38-53 Hours)
For more details about the degree requirements and curriculum for the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies through the College of HRSM, please visit the academic bulletin.
We're happy to provide more information and are here to help!