B.A.I.S. is designed for individuals who have already gained a variety of life experiences and are ready to sharpen their career path and earn their bachelor’s degree. The dynamic, flexible nature of the program allows students to select courses tailored to their interest and graduation timeline.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree from a world-renowned school
- Flexible study on campus and online
- Maximize prior college credits
- Specialize in:
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Retail Management and Fashion Merchandising
- Sport and Entertainment Management
There is a two step admission process:
- You must apply for undergraduate admission to the University of South Carolina
- Once you qualify, please contact the HRSM Office of Student Services by calling 803-777-3374
Prior to admission into the program you must first earn at least 60 credit hours and have a minimum GPA of 2.0. The Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies admissions process requires that you articulate clear academic goals and make a personal proposal for how you will meet those goals through your coursework.
You will work with a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies advisor to design an individualized program of study, which must include at least 36 hours of 300-level USC coursework and conform to all general university academic regulations for the baccalaureate degree. This degree requires a minimum of 120 approved hours to graduate, including:
- Carolina Core Hours (31-46 Hours)
- Interdisciplinary Major Hours (36 Hours)
- Required Coursework (6 Hours)
- HRSM Discipline (15 Hours)
- Secondary Discipline (15 Hours)
- Free Electives (38-53 Hours)
For more details about the degree requirements and curriculum for the Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies through the College of HRSM, please visit the academic bulletin.
We’re happy to provide more information and are here to help you!
Marianne Bickle, Ph.C.
Professor and Director, BAIS Program