To support the health and safety of our campus and community, McCutchen House is operating on a limited basis this semester:
- Reservations required and seating is limited to support recommended physical distance.
- Only open to UofSC faculty, staff and students and accompanied guests.
- Please do not enter McCutchen House if you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Please maintain 6’ of physical distance between yourself and other guests.
- Face coverings are required, except for when you are eating.
Thank you for your support!
The historic McCutchen House is open to UofSC faculty, staff, students and accompanied guests for lunch during the University of South Carolina fall 2020 semester, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m, Tuesday through Friday.*
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC school holidays. Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2:00 pm.
Lunches are $11.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by IIT or direct billing, credit, debit or check. We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
Fall 2020 McCutchen House Lunch Menu
October 20 – November 20
- Our famous tomato pie
- Choice of soup or salad:
McCutchen House Salad: Mixed greens, tomato, diced cucumber, thinly sliced purple onion rings, smoked Gouda cheese and toasted sunflower seeds. Choice of our homemade dressings: house, ranch, blue cheese or balsamic. Oil and vinegar also available.
Soup: Prepared daily. Ask your server for the day’s selection.
Entree (Please select one):
- McCutchen House Patty Melt: A quarter-pound beef patty is smashed on the griddle, seasoned with salt and pepper and topped with caramelized onions, Swiss cheese and 1000 island dressing. Served on toasted rye bread with a pickle spear and house fries.
- Moroccan Chicken Bowl: Boneless antibiotic-free chicken breast, marinated in herbs and spices, sautéed with roasted butternut squash, red bell pepper, dried apricots. Feta and arugula tossed in a light dressing atop a couscous-quinoa blend.
- Fish and Chips: Beer battered cod strips served with house fries, our homemade tartar sauce and lemon.
- Thai Rice Noodle Salad: Our vegetarian gluten free option combines rice noodles with mixed greens, fresh herbs and vegetables in a light sesame lime sauce.
- Blackened Pork Chop: Juicy chops are sugar brined and blackened, served with apple raisin chutney and
accompanied by potatoes au gratin and the vegetable of the day.
- McCutchen House Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Root Beer Float
- Other desserts vary regularly
- Freshly brewed sweet and unsweet tea
- Joffrey Premium Coffee
- Green, Black and decaffeinated hot tea
- Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®, Root Beer
*The vegetables and herbs used at McCutchen House are grown and harvested by students on campus at Carolina Sustainable Garden!
For our valued customers, please note:
- Reservations are required.
- Groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 6 with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit sc.edu/hrsm/give.