To support the health and safety of our campus and community, McCutchen House is operating on a limited basis this semester:
- Reservations required and seating is limited to support recommended physical distance.
- Only open to UofSC faculty, staff and students and accompanied guests.
- Please do not enter McCutchen House if you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Please maintain 6’ of physical distance between yourself and other guests.
- Face coverings are required, except for when you are eating.
Thank you for your support!
The historic McCutchen House is open to UofSC faculty, staff, students and accompanied guests for lunch during the University of South Carolina fall 2020 semester, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m, Tuesday through Friday.*
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC school holidays. Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2:00 pm.
Lunches are $11.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by IIT or direct billing, credit, debit or check. We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
Fall 2020 McCutchen House Lunch Menu
September 3 – October 16
- Our famous tomato pie
- Choice of soup or salad:
McCutchen House Salad: Mixed greens, tomato, diced cucumber, sliced purple onion rings, smoked Gouda cheese and toasted sunflower seeds. Choice of our homemade dressings: house, ranch, blue cheese or balsamic. Oil and vinegar also available.
Soup: Prepared daily. Ask your server for the day’s selection.
Entree (Please select one):
- Triple Decker Club: Stacked high with smoked turkey, ham and bacon with leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, sharp cheddar cheese and mayo on toasted sourdough bread. Served as a whole sandwich with fries or as a soup and half sandwich.
- Black and Blue Steak Salad: Our entree salad consists of a juicy, blackened flat iron steak that’s sliced and placed on a bowl of mixed greens, tomato, diced cucumber, sliced purple onion rings, crumbled blue cheese and toasted sunflower seeds. Choice of our homemade dressings: house, ranch, blue cheese or balsamic.
- McCutchen House Broiled Flounder: Firm yet flaky with a delicate flavor, our flounder is lightly brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper, topped with a Parmesan cheese breadcrumb mixture and then broiled. Served with the vegetable of the day and wild rice pilaf.
- Pulled Pork Plate: Seasoned boneless Boston butt with our own spice blend and cider vinegar, slow cooked for five hours, pulled and finished with a touch of our homemade barbeque sauce. Served with the vegetable of the day and potatoes au gratin.
- Pasta Primavera: Our vegetarian/gluten free option is a mixture of fresh vegetables and herbs, sautéed and tossed with rice noodles and basil pesto. Topped with shaved Parmesan cheese.
- McCutchen House Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Root Beer Float
- Other desserts vary regularly
- Freshly brewed sweet and unsweet tea
- Joffrey Premium Coffee
- Green, Black and decaffeinated hot tea
*The vegetables and herbs used at McCutchen House are grown and harvested by students on campus at Carolina Sustainable Garden!
For our valued customers, please note:
- Reservations are required.
- Groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 6 with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit sc.edu/hrsm/give.