Due to the coronavirus, McCutchen House is closed until further notice.
Now taking reservations at 803-777-4450.
The historic McCutchen House is open for lunch during the University of South Carolina fall and spring semesters from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m Tuesday through Friday.*
The restaurant is an applied learning laboratory where students studying in the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management learn to manage a full-service restaurant. In addition to enjoying great food, guests have the opportunity to help students advance their knowledge and skills by providing valuable feedback on the hospitality and service.
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC school holidays. Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2:00 pm.
Spring 2020 Bistro Dining Menus
- Our Famous Tomato Pie
Choice of Soup or Salad:
- McCutchen House Salad Mixed greens, tomato, diced cucumber, sliced purple onion rings, smoked gouda cheese and toasted sunflower seeds. Choice of our scratch-made house, ranch, blue cheese or balsamic dressings.
- Soup of the Day Prepared daily. Ask your server for the day's selection.
- Triple Decker Club: Stacked high smoked turkey, ham and bacon with leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, sharp cheddar and mayo on toasted sour dough. Served as the whole sandwich with seasoned fries or choice of soup and half sandwich.
- Black and Blue Steak Salad: Our entrée salad consists of a juicy blackened flat iron steak that’s sliced and placed on a bowl of mixed greens, tomato, diced cucumber, purple onion, crumbled blue cheese and toasted sunflower seeds. Choice of our scratch-made house, ranch, blue cheese or balsamic dressings.
- McCutchen House Broiled Halibut: Firm yet flaky with a delicate flavor, our halibut is lightly brushed with olive oil, salt and pepper, topped with a parmesan cheese breadcrumb mixture, then baked. Served with the vegetable of the day and a couscous-quinoa blend.
- Pulled Pork Plate: We season boneless Boston butt with our own spice mix and cider vinegar, then slow cook it for five hours. After pulling the pork, we add a touch of our barbeque sauce. Served with the vegetable of the day and potatoes au gratin.
- Pasta Primavera: Our vegetarian/gluten-free option is a mix of fresh vegetables and herbs sauteed and tossed with rice noodles, pesto and topped with shaved parmesan.
- McCutchen Signature Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Other desserts vary regularly.
- Freshly-brewed sweetened or unsweetened tea
- Joffrey Premium Coffee
- Coke® Diet Coke® Sprite® Root Beer
For our valued customers, please note:
- McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by credit card, debit card or check. We accept checks, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
- Lunches are $11.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included).
- Reservations are highly encouraged.
- Large groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 people with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit sc.edu/hrsm/give.