To support the health and safety of our campus and community, McCutchen House is operating on a limited basis this semester:
- Seating is limited to support physical distancing guidelines.
- Only open to UofSC faculty, staff and students and accompanied guests.
- Please do not enter McCutchen House if you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Please maintain 6’ of physical distance between yourself and other guests.
- Face coverings are required, except for when you are eating.
Thank you for your support!
The historic McCutchen House is open to UofSC faculty, staff, students and accompanied guests for lunch during the University of South Carolina spring 2021 semester, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m, Tuesday through Friday.*
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC school holidays, including the following:
- Thursday, February 25
- Friday, March 12
- Tuesday, March 30
- Tuesday, April 21
Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2:00 pm.
Lunches are $11.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included). McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by IIT or direct billing, credit, debit or check. We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
Spring 2021 McCutchen House Lunch Menu
February 23 – March 19
- Our famous tomato pie
- Choice of soup or salad:
McCutchen House Salad: Mixed greens, tomato, diced cucumber, purple onion rings, smoked Gouda cheese and toasted sunflower seeds. Choice of our made-from-scratch dressings: house, ranch, blue cheese or balsamic. Oil and vinegar also available.
Soup: Prepared daily. Ask your server for the day’s selection.
Entree (Please select one):
- Turkey Croissant: Sliced turkey breast, smoky bacon, creamy Brie and fresh spinach on a buttery croissant. Served with house-made pasta salad.
- Shrimp Tacos: Seasoned shrimp are sautéed and stuffed into warm flour tortillas with avocado, Pico de Gallo, Cotija cheese and chipotle mayonnaise. Served with black beans and rice.
- Beef Dijonnaise: Beef medallions seared and finished in a Sherry-Dijon cream sauce with mushrooms and shallots. Served with sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and vegetable of the day.
- Farmhouse Ribs: Country-style ribs are slow roasted and smoked in house until tender and juicy and then covered with our own BBQ sauce. Served with sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and vegetable of the day.
- Veggie Wrap: Our vegetarian option is a flour tortilla stuffed with hummus, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, sautéed mushrooms, Kalamata olives and mixed greens. Served with our house dressing and pasta salad.
- McCutchen House Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Other desserts vary regularly
- Freshly-brewed sweet and unsweet tea
- Joffrey's Premium Coffee
- Coke®, Diet Coke®, Sprite®
*The vegetables and herbs used at McCutchen House are grown and harvested by students on campus at Carolina Sustainable Garden!
For our valued customers, please note:
- Reservations are recommended but not required.
- Groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 6 with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit sc.edu/hrsm/give.