Now taking reservations at 803-777-4450.
The historic McCutchen House is open for lunch during the University of South Carolina fall and spring semesters from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m Tuesday through Friday.*
The restaurant is an applied learning laboratory where students studying in the School of Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management learn to manage a full-service restaurant. In addition to enjoying great food, guests have the opportunity to help students advance their knowledge and skills by providing valuable feedback on the hospitality and service.
*The McCutchen House is closed during UofSC school holidays. Due to students' academic requirements, lunch concludes by 2:00 pm.
Spring 2020 Bistro Dining Menus
- Our Famous Tomato Pie
- Dinner Rolls
Choice of Soup or Salad:
- McCutchen House Salad Mixed greens, tomato, diced cucumber, sliced red onion rings, smoked gouda cheese and sunflower seeds paired with our scratch-made house vinaigrette, ranch or balsamic dressings
- Soup of the Day Prepared daily. Ask your server for the day's selection.
- Triple Decker Club: Stacked high with smoked turkey, ham and bacon with leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, sharp cheddar and mayo on toasted sour dough. Served with seasoned fries.
- Soup and Half Sandwich: Enjoy a cup of our soup of the day and a half of our Triple Decker Club sandwich.
- Roasted Corn and Black Bean Quesadillas: Our vegetarian/gluten-free option — roasted corn, seasoned black beans, fresh pico de gallo and Monterrey pepperjack cheese melted into a seared corn tortilla. Served with lettuce and sour cream.
- Dijon-Maple Glazed Salmon: Salmon, cut in-house daily, is lightly seasoned and baked with a scratch-made Dijon mustard maple glaze. Served with vegetable of the day and a curried quinoa and couscous blend.
- Roasted Chicken Leg Quarter: Rubbed with oil and our blend of herbs and seasonings, we roast our leg quarters fresh every day and serve them with sour cream and chive mashed potatoes and vegetable of the day.
- Garlic Ginger Glazed Pork: Fresh pork tenderloins are marinated in a soy-citrus mix and roasted, then sliced to order and drizzled with a garlic ginger reduction. Topped with cilantro and lime wedge and served with the vegetable of the day and a curried quinoa and couscous blend.
- McCutchen Signature Chocolate Walnut Pie
- Other desserts vary regularly.
- Freshly-brewed sweetened or unsweetened tea and coffee
- Coke® Diet Coke® Sprite®
For our valued customers, please note:
- McCutchen House is cashless. Please pay by credit card, debit card or check. We accept checks, MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.
- Lunches are $11.95 + tax per person unless otherwise noted (lunch, beverages, and dessert included).
- Reservations are highly encouraged.
- Large groups: McCutchen House is able to accommodate groups up to 20 people with an advance reservation.
- McCutchen House servers aren’t able to accept tips, but if you would like to support our students, please visit sc.edu/hrsm/give.
McCutchen House will be closed on the
- February 5 (HRSM Experience Expo)
- March 9–13 (University spring break)