Nine alumni from the School of Law at the University of South Carolina have been named recipients of the 2018 Compleat Lawyer Awards.
“The recipients of this year’s Compleat Lawyer Awards include trailblazers, leaders of national and state organizations, and are all deeply involved in giving back, both to the profession and to their communities,” School of Law Dean Robert M. Wilcox said. “They are excellent examples of what it means to be a Compleat Lawyer, and we are proud to celebrate their successes.”
The awards are given in three categories based on years in practice: Platinum (31 years or more), Gold (16 to 30 years) and Silver (15 years or less). The award recipients will be recognized at the School of Law’s 26th Annual Compleat Lawyer Awards Ceremony on April 19.
This year’s Compleat Lawyer Award recipients are:
- 1976 alumnus H. Mills Gallivan, Gallivan White & Boyd, PA in Greenville
- 1943 alumna Sarah Leverette in Columbia
- 1971 alumnus Edward G. Menzie, Nexsen Pruet, LLC in Columbia
- 1998 alumna Anne McGinness Kearse, Motley Rice, LLC in Mt. Pleasant
- 1989 alumnus Daniel Sanders, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP in Greenville
- 1987 alumnus John H. Tiller, Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd, PA in Charleston
- 2011 alumnus Joshua A. Bennett, Rogers Townsend & Thomas, PC in Columbia
- 2004 alumnus Allen Mattison “Matt” Bogan, Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP in Columbia
- 2011 alumna D. Nichole Davis, South Carolina Bar in Columbia
Established in 1992, the Compleat Lawyer Award is the School of Law’s highest recognition of professional achievement and civic leadership by the school’s alumni. Recipients are nominated by members of the Bar or by the public and are chosen by a committee comprising the chief justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court, the chief judge of the South Carolina Court of Appeals, the president of the South Carolina Bar, the School of Law’s dean and the co-chair of the Law School Alumni Council.