At the University of South Carolina, we are a community of faculty, professionals, students, and alumni.
The Law School’s Mission
The University of South Carolina School of Law prepares lawyer-leaders to serve their communities through rigorous legal studies, exceptional experiential training, and comprehensive professional identity formation within an inclusive and diverse environment. We serve justice and advance the law through engaged learning, teaching, scholarship, and service.
The Law School’s Vision
To be an innovative, student-centered public law school that advances knowledge and the common good, with a local impact, a national voice, and a global reach.
The Law School’s Values
- Service. Serving justice, the legal profession, the people of South Carolina, the nation, and the world.
- Success. Placing students and their success in the center of all that we do, while promoting excellence and opportunity.
- Passion. Fostering a scholarly community that promotes passion for the pursuit of knowledge, the exchange of impactful ideas, innovative research, and transformative teaching.
- Integrity. Modeling and instilling integrity and professional values.
- Community. Cultivating – through our words and actions – a diverse, inclusive, and civil community where everyone is valued and supported.