Revised: 16 August 2019
The Fall hiring term will be August 26, 2019 thru November 26, 2019
Students are only allowed to work a total of 15 hours/week in total while classes are in session. If you are working on a “special project” and should need more than the allotted 15 hours/week per student, please contact Associate Dean Colin Miller for approval of additional RA(s). Dean Miller will then let Ronée Woodley know for hiring purposes.
Due to the new HR/Payroll system (PeopleSoft HCM) there are new procedures for hiring RAs.
Please contact Ronée Woodley by email with the following:
- RA’s name
- Supervisor’s name
- Were they an RA for Summer 2019?
- number of hours/week
- begin & end dates (if different from above)
If you are hiring a NEW RA for Fall 2019:
- Once Ronée has received an email from the supervisor, the student will receive an
i-9Advantage asking them to complete Section 1.
- Once the student has completed Section 1, the student will need to see Ronée Woodley before they begin work. She will be available any time M-F between 9 - 10am & 1 – 2pm, or they can email her to make an appointment.
- The student will need to bring the official forms of identification needed to verify their eligibility to work in the US. (The US Citizenship & Immigration Services website lists acceptable documents.)
- Original & current documents only, NO COPIES will be accepted!
- The student will be asked to sign the Acknowledge of Receipt of Affordable Care Act (ACA) – Health Insurance Marketplace Notice when they present their documents.
For RAs hired after 4/16/19 (Summer 2019):
All RAs will have to sign an ACA form each semester. They will not have to present documents if they were hired for the Summer 2019 semester but will need to see Ronée to sign this form.
If a student is sent to Ronée, but she has not received an email indicating for who & where they will be working, she will not be able to put them into the system until she receives the information stated above. They will not be paid & cannot work until they are approved in the system. Once the student has been approved in the system, they will receive an email letting them know.