George Ross Anderson, Jr. was born in 1929 in Anderson, South Carolina. He served as a Judge on the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina. He was nominated by Jimmy Carter on April 18, 1980, to a seat vacated by James Robert Martin. He was then confirmed by the Senate on May 21, 1980, and received commission on May 23, 1980.
Anderson received his B.C.S. from Southeastern University in 1949, and then he attended George Washington University from 1949–1951. He finished his law degree at the University of South Carolina School of Law by earning his LL.B. in 1954.
Painted by Van Moore in 1984.
Located in the Historical Courtroom, 135.