Improving Human Health
The Master of Biomedical Engineering program builds deep technical skills through advanced coursework that uniquely combines engineering and biology. You will also learn important business skills by choosing the project management, entrepreneurship or technical track.
Research and study areas includes:
- Tissue engineering
- Drug development and delivery
- Biomonitoring and Biomeasurements
Students have the option of either an ME (Master of Engineering) or MS (Master of Science) degree. Pursuing an MS degree requires completing a thesis.
|Requirements||Direct Master's Accelerator||Advanced Master's Accelerator|
|IELTSTM||6.5||6.0 (no sub-score below 5.5)|
|TOEFL®||80||74 (no sub-score below 16)|
|Qualifying Undergraduate Degrees||Four-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, in biomedical engineering, bioengineering, chemical engineering or mechanical engineering, from an accredited university.|
3.0 GPA equivalent in all math courses taken
|Available Entry||Fall or Spring||Fall or Spring|
Engineering programs require a high level of math proficiency. For those programs, students will be required to complete a Math Self-Evaluation and declare that they meet the minimum proficiency standard.
- Math Self-Evaluation: Civil Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering (answer key)
- Math Self-Evaluation: Chemical Engineering (answer key)
Upon completion of the evaluation, fill out this Declaration Form and submit with application.
All Engineering degree programs require a 3.0 GPA equivalent in all math courses taken.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Biomedical Engineers
- Delivery of Bioactive Agents
- Engineering Analysis (exclusively for Master's Accelerator students)
- Human Cell and Molecular Biology for Biomedical Engineers
- Modeling and Simulation of Biomedical Systems
- Special Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- Tissue Engineering
- Transport Phenomena in Biomedical Systems
ME or MS in Biomedical Engineering
|Program||Credits Earned Towards Degree||Progression Requirements|
|Direct Master's Accelerator||9||Not applicable – student is already enrolled in degree program|
|Advanced Master's Accelerator||6||
3.0 GPA with no degree course grade lower than a B
Successful completion of English language courses, Professional Development and Analytical Skills workshops, seminars and modules.
And be accepted by a faculty thesis advisor after completing a faculty interview.*
*Students pursuing an MS degree only
|Pre-Sessional English||0||Successful completion of all Pre-Sessional English Program course content and approval
from the Master’s Accelerator team.
Total credits required for degree: 30
For information regarding tuition and fees, please see our Costs Overview.