Areas of study include:
- Oil, gas, solar wind and other energy
- Advanced material and specialty chemicals
- Food processing
- Environmental health and safety
Students have the option of either an ME (Master of Engineering) or MS (Master of
Science) degree. Pursuing an MS degree requires completing a thesis.
|Requirement||Direct Master's Accelerator||Advanced MAster's Accelerator|
|IELTSTM||6.5||6.0 (no sub-score below 5.5)|
|TOEFL||80||74 (no sub-score below 16)|
|Qualifying Undergraduate Degrees||Four-year undergraduate degree of equivalent in chemical engineering from an accredited university.|
|Additional Requirements||3.0 GPA equivalent in all math course taken
Strongly Recommended: Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III and Differential Equations.
|Available Entry||Fall or Spring||Fall or Spring|
Engineering programs require a high level of math proficiency. For those programs, students will be required to complete a Math Self-Evaluation and declare that they meet the minimum proficiency standard.
- Math Self-Evaluation: Civil Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Technology Innovation and Entrepreneurial Engineering and Mechanical Engineering (answer key)
- Math Self-Evaluation: Chemical Engineering (answer key)
Upon completion of the evaluation, fill out this Declaration Form and submit with application.
All Engineering degree programs require a 3.0 GPA equivalent in all math courses taken.
- Engineering Analysis; 3 degree credits; closed.
- Advanced Chemical Engineering
- Advanced Fluit Flow Analysis
- Advanced Mass Transfer
- Chemical Process Analysis
Note: "Closed" is a course student will take their designated MAP cohort of international students. The course is not open to domestic students.
ME or MS in Chemical Engineering
|Program||Credits Earned Towards Degree||Progression Requirements|
|Direct Master's Accelerator||9||Not applicable – student is already enrolled in degree program|
|Advanced Master's Accelerator||6||
3.0 GPA with no degree course grade lower than a B
Successful completion of English language courses, Professional Development and Analytical Skills workshops, seminars and modules.
And be accepted by a faculty thesis advisor after completing a faculty interview.*
*Students pursuing an MS degree only
|Pre-Sessional English||0||Successful completion of all Pre-Sessional English Program course content and approval
from the Master’s Accelerator team.
Total Credits Required for degree: 30
For information regarding tuition and fees, please see our Costs Overview.