Secondary Unit Procedures
- Establishes that secondary unit procedures must be established in a written document expressly for that purpose, not unlike primary unit tenure and promotion criteria and procedures.
- Provides for periodic review of secondary unit procedures similar to primary unit criteria and procedures, with final approval by the University Committee on Tenure and Promotion.
- Specifies that representation of the four-year campuses shall rotate in alphabetical order, annually, among these campuses, Aiken, Beaufort, and Upstate.
- USC Columbia Faculty Manual Website
- Regional Campus Faculty Manual Website
- USC Aiken Faculty Manual (requires USC Aiken Username and Password)
- USC Beaufort Faculty Manual (PDF)
- USC Upstate Faculty Manual Website
Campus chief academic affairs officers are responsible for ensuring that all Faculty Manuals are kept up-to-date and revised to reflect newly approved University Policies within six months of approval.Faculty Manual revisions for all campuses must be approved by the president and the Board of Trustees. After review by the appropriate faculty governance body, draft revisions to a Faculty Manual should be forwarded to the Provost's Office. The Provost's Office will coordinate the final review process in preparation for presentation to the Board of Trustees. For more information, see UNIV 1.00 Policy on Policies.