USC Educational Foundation Outstanding Service Award and Recipients
Academic deans, department chairs and directors at all USC campuses may nominate up to three faculty members from their respective units for award consideration. The criteria for selection are as follows:
- Nominees must be full-time tenure track faculty members on the Columbia or regional campuses.
- Nominees must have a truly exemplary record of public service outside the University, and/or service within the University on the campus-wide level.
- The dean's , department chair's , director's nomination letter should document the service activities of the nominee. The nomination letter should not contain outside letters of support.
Required Materials for Nominee's file:
- Nomination form (PDF)
- The nomination letter documenting the service activities of the nominee. The nomination letter should not contain outside letters of support
- Two-page personal statement
- Curriculum vitae highlighting service.
Nominee's files are due to the Office of the Provost by February 1, 2013.
The Provost will make a recommendation to the President, who will select the
winner. The winner will be announced at the Spring Faculty Awards Ceremony.
[BACK TO TOP]
Information about the Award
The USC Educational
Foundation Service Award is the
University's most prestigious
recognition of professional,
campus, and community service by
a faculty member. The deans of
the University's academic units
make nominations from their
faculties. The award is
currently selected by the
provost. The award includes a
$1,000 prize and a certificate
of recognition. The award is
presented at the spring General
[BACK TO TOP]