USC's 5th Annual Women's Leadership Institute Claiming Our Voice: Building a Foundation of Leadership
Thursday, May 1, 2008, 8:50 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Russell House Student Union
The Women's Leadership Institute is designed for faculty, staff, and graduate students from South Carolina institutions of higher education who are interested in the advancement and success of women in leadership roles. It is sponsored by the USC Provost's Advisory Committee on Women's Issues and includes presentations, panel discussions, and a networking luncheon that promoted greater awareness of the of the challenges and opportunities women face in their careers.
Featured Topics of the fifth included:
- Ms. Michelle Dodenhoff, “The Importance of Building & Maintaining Professional Relationships”
- Dr. Judy Rink, “What I Have Learned About Leadership in Higher Education”
- Dr. Shirley Staples Carter, “The Value of Professional Mentoring and Networking as Tools for Building a Foundation for Leadership”
- Ms. Michelle Dodenhoff, Interim VP for Advancement, University of South Carolina
- Dr. Judy Rink, Professor of Physical Education, University of South Carolina
- Dr. Shirley Staples Carter, Professor & Director, School of Journalism and Mass Communications
- Dr. Suzanne Swan, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology & the Women’s Studies Program, University of South Carolina
- Ms. Alice Fields, Doctoral Student, Department of Psychology, University of South Carolina
- Dr. Doris R. Helms, Provost & Vice President for Academic Affairs, Clemson University
For more information, contact Helen Fields at email@example.com