USC's 6th Annual Women's Leadership Institute Empowered Voices: Strategies of Effective Leaders
Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 8:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Russell House Student Union
The Women's Leadership Institute is designed for faculty, staff, and graduate students from South Carolina institutions of higher education who are interested in the advancement and success of women in leadership roles. It is sponsored by the USC Provost's Advisory Committee on Women's Issues and includes presentations, panel discussions, and a networking luncheon that promoted greater awareness of the of the challenges and opportunities women face in their careers.
Featured topics included:
- Hildy Teegan, “The Path to Powerful Leadership”
- Barbara Gelberd,” Poised to Lead”
- Sarita Chourey, “Social Media beyond Naval-gazing”
- Carolyn Sawyer, “The Importance of Being Economically Independent: How to Succeed in the Business World”
Speakers included Inez
- Tennenbaum, former State Superintendent of Education
- Hildy Teegen, Dean of the Moore School of Business
- Sarita Chourey, Reporter for Morris News Service
- Barbara Gelberd, President of BridgeBuilders, LLC
- Carolyn Sawyer, CEO of the Tom Sawyer Company and Author of "Forget the Glass Slipper, Build Your Own Castle: 10 Traits of a Million Dollar Business."
For more information, contact Helen Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org .