USC's 7th Annual Women's Leadership
Leadership: Expanding Personal Competency
Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 7:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Russell House Student Union
The Women’s Leadership Institute is designed for faculty, staff, and graduate students from South Carolina institutions of higher education who are interested in the advancement and success of women in leadership roles. It is sponsored by the USC Provost's Advisory Committee on Women's Issues and includes presentations, panel discussions, and a networking luncheon that promoted greater awareness of the of the challenges and opportunities women face in their careers.
Featured topics included:
- Willette Burnham, “Embracing Our Competency”
- Beth Scull, “Your Retirement: Knowledge is Power”
- Michael Wiederman, “How to Be Happy
- Sara Pope, “Conflict Management—Disagreeing Without Disrespect”
- Sarah Leverette, “Humanity, Reason, Justice”
Featured presenters included:
- Willette Burnham, Executive Director of Student Programs and Student Diversity at Medical University of South Carolina
- Beth Scull, Adjunct Instructor, USC Moore School of Business, Finance Department
- Michael Wiederman, Professor of Psychology, Columbia College
- Sara Pope, MPA, SC Budget & Control Board
- Sarah Leverette, Attorney and Educator
For more information, contact Helen Fields at firstname.lastname@example.org .