The Provost’s Advisory Committee on Women’s Issues is charged with representing a diverse group of women, faculty, staff, and students, committee membership should include faculty, staff, and graduate students for three year terms. In order to support the tenure and promotion of women faculty, assistant professors are normally not appointed. Members are invited by the Provost to serve on the committee.
Subcommittees and Chairs for 2012-2013
- Diversity in Leadership Subcommittee
Purpose: To discuss BFSA’s collaboration with PACWI regarding professional development for women and other minority faculty and staff to access employment opportunities in higher level university administration.
Chair for 2012-2013: Rhittie Gettone
- Mentoring and Professional Development Subcommittee
Purpose: To promote professional association among university women, to reduce isolation and create a fertile atmosphere of exchange of ideas, and to assist colleagues in pursuing career pathways more directly and efficiently.
Chair for 2012-2013: Erica Lake
- Women’s Leadership Institute Subcommittee (WLI)
Purpose: To review past conference evaluations and the current state of the university, and to plan and produce a conference or institute focused on issues relevant to USC women.
Chair for 2012-2013: Mary Alexander
- Technology Subcommittee
Purpose: To explore how technology can increase opportunities for women.
Chair for 2012-2013: Aisha Haynes
- Review of New and Existing Policy Subcommittee
Purpose: To review and revise existing policies that affect women faculty and staff, and to develop proposals for new policies in order to improve the university environment for women.
Chair for 2012-2013: Susan Kuo
- Women Graduate Students (WGS)
Purpose: The purpose of WGS is to explore ways in which the University of South Carolina can better support female graduate students and to improve the overall experience of female graduate students at the university.
Chair for 2012-2013: Kallie Metzger
- Karen Lear Edwards, Faculty, Co-chair, HRSM — Retailing (2014)
- Margee Zeigler, Staff, Co-chair, Music (2013)
- Mary Alexander, Staff, Office of the Provost (2013)
- Sarah Barker, Faculty, Theatre (2013)
- Elizabeth Book, Staff, Student Success Center (2015)
- Christine Curtis, Faculty, Office of the Provost
- Lydia Frass, Staff, Public Health (2014)
- Rhittie Gettone, Staff, African American Professors Program, (2014)
- Kajal Ghoshroy, Faculty, USC Sumter, (2013)
- Reenea Harrison, Staff, HRSM –Retailing (2015)
- Aisha Haynes, Staff, Center for Teaching Excellence (2014)
- Alison Hogue, Staff, Career Center (2015)
- Xavery Hopkins, Staff, Public Health (2014)
- Susan Kuo, Faculty, School of Law (2015)
- Erica Lake, Staff, Career Center (2013)
- Kathryn Luchok, Faculty, Institute for Families in Society (2015)
- Marguerite O’Brien, Staff, Health Services (2015)
- Maria Sophocleous, Staff, EPI (2015)
- Teresa Tidwell-Smith, Staff, Vehicle Management & Parking Services (2014)
- Carolina Bergeron, Graduate Student
- Lauren Dattilo, Graduate Student
- Kelly Eifert, Graduate Student
- Cassidy Evans, Graduate Student
- Anne Kelly, Graduate Student
- Kallie Metzger, Graduate Student
- Mandy Morgan, Graduate Student
- Sara Schmidt , Graduate Student
- Danielle Schoffman, Graduate Student
- Brittany Walter, Graduate Student