Extension of the Scheduled Post-Tenure Review
Purpose: To provide additional flexibility for tenured faculty members and to acknowledge that anticipated or unanticipated life events may hinder faculty members from fully demonstrating their professional qualifications for post-tenure review.
Eligibility: All full-time tenured faculty members scheduled for post-tenure review.
Option A: Requested one-year extension of a scheduled-post tenure review
- In cases of birth or adoption of child; or placement of a foster child
- In cases of serious illness of the faculty member or serious illness or death of the faculty member’s spouse/partner, child or parent
- Other relevant circumstances, as approved
- Request, justification, and documentation required. (Letters of request and certification documents should not include any specific information regarding medical history of the faculty member or a family member, including specific manifestation of diseases and disorders.)
Option B: Provost approved one- to three-year extension of scheduled post-tenure review
- In exceptional circumstances as deemed appropriate and necessary
- Notification or request for scheduled post-tenure review extension must be within 12 months of event
- A scheduled post-tenure review may not be extended more than three times
- Form will normally be submitted prior to the beginning of the year of
Back to Main Family-Friendly Policy page