Attend an advising workshop led by one of our peer advisors, browse through our Resource
Library, and work with a staff member to plan your international experience. We also
host various events throughout the year, including those put on by our student-led
organization, the Study Abroad Association. Serving the university community by providing
accessible, safe international experiences is central to our mission.
The mission of the Education Abroad Office at UofSC is to support the goals of the
Global Carolina initiative and serve the university community by engaging in global
partnerships and providing accessible, safe and high quality international experiences
for students that enhance their academic, personal and cultural learning.
Our vision is to create opportunities for students, faculty and staff that inspire
academic and personal growth while building a university community with a broader
world view, as well as a deeper understanding and greater appreciation of other cultures.
The Education Abroad Office demonstrates leadership on the UofSC Campus and in the
field of study abroad by embodying the following values:
- Accessibility- We provide a variety of programs to meet the acaedemic, financial and personal needs
of the campus community.
- Challenge- We encourage students to take on new experiences and responsibilities.
- Collaboration- We work effectively internally and with our external stakeholders in pursuit of
the internationalization of UofSC.
- Expertise- We strive to continually enhance our international skills and knowledge.
- Innovation- We continually advance and modify all aspects of the study abroad experience.
- Quality- We strive to offer excellent programs and services.
- Safety- We maintain student welfare as our top priority.
- Support- We provide the tools and resources for our stakeholders so they can determine the
best option for their study abroad experience.