At a Glance
- A home on campus for leadership-minded students
- Students live in Preston
- Participate in fun and unique opportunities to lead and give back
Learn more about what it means to be a part of Preston.
What Makes This Community Different
Students in this community have access to opportunities that will improve their experience at Carolina and prepare them for their careers after graduation.
- Get involved with a leadership opportunity within the residential college: a literary society, an a cappella ensemble, a sustainability team and more!
- Become part of our community over food in our all-you-can-eat private dining facility.
- Take advantage of opportunities to engage with faculty members outside the classroom.
Take Classes With Your Peers
Preston students can take courses together, called linked courses, that cover a shared interest or fulfill a major requirement.
- UNIV 101
Why First-Year Interest Groups?
Research shows students who take courses within their learning community are more likely to take ownership of their academic career and be more engaged with their community.
These are themed, building-wide learning communities staffed by a faculty member who is an expert in the theme. Students get in-depth experience with their community topic, and gain a greater understanding of how to apply that experience outside the classroom and after they graduate.
Applying to Join This Community
Incoming Students: Submit your housing application, available on on my.sc.edu, and follow instructions to apply for a faculty principal community.
Returning Students: Applications will open in early January 2021.