University Housing is committed to creating state-of-the-art facilities that are sustainable, safe, clean and well-maintained in order to enhance student learning beyond the classroom. Qualified and caring University Housing staff, in collaboration with students, will create quality student interactions that will inspire students to discover more about themselves and others, while reflecting on how to become inclusive and exemplary leaders, life-long learners and productive members of their community.
University Housing creates a sustainable living and learning community that promotes the academic success and personal development of students.
University Housing seeks to provide a meaningful college experience and to that end, we will:
- Create a physical and cultural environment where students and staff are encouraged to learn and grow.
- Provide sustainable, clean, well-maintained, functional and attractive facilities.
Provide high-quality support services in a fiscally responsible manner.
University Housing's philosophy is grounded in the sentiment, "we care." In the spirit of the Carolinian Creed, our goal is to foster a respectful environment in which students, faculty, staff and visitors feel welcomed, valued and included. We are committed to creating residence hall communities where everyone:
- Discourages gossip, mean-spirited attacks and bigotry
- Demonstrates a commitment to individuality and concern for others
- Acknowledges the validity of others' feelings
- Approaches ideas as a matter of perspective
- Engages in respectful dialogue with one another
- Learns from individual differences
University Housing is committed to an inclusive environment where everyone is valued and respected. By learning about individual differences, relating shared experiences, advocating with care and celebrating our community, we strive to make this a place that is welcoming for all to live, work and visit.
LEARN - From One Another
RELATE - To One Another
ADVOCATE - For One Another
CELEBRATE - With One Another