You'll be doing the real work of helping run housing programs and overseeing our students' experience and creating communities in our residence halls.
This is a live-in position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create a culture of care and build community with RA team and residents.
- The ARLC is responsible for the co-supervision, selection, training, and evaluation of the Resident Mentor staff in their assigned building.
- The ARLC co-manages daily operations within the residence hall.
- Participate in weekly on call duty rotation to provide after-hours service to the
residential student population.
- Adhering to all policies, protocols, and procedures outlined in staff manuals, university code of conduct, department, and unit expectations accordingly.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
We provide all residence life graduate assistants with an apartment in one of our residence halls to better support student learning and respond to after-hours crisis.
- 1 or 2 Bedrooms
- Living Room and Kitchen
- Laundry in Your Hall
- Cable and High-Speed internet
- Electricity and Water Included
on individual and organization advising as well as leadership development. Formal and informal interaction with undergraduate students both during and outside of traditional
business hours is the primary job function. The successful candidate will be flexible in meeting the needs of the Preston community, including but not limited to evening and
weekend work, as needed. Preston is seeking one Graduate Assistant, who will report to the Program Lead.
- Advise at least two Preston student organizations
- Plan and execute leadership seminars and workshops for student leaders
- Coordinate Preston’s presence during USC Admissions events
- Supervise student social media assistant and/or other undergraduate student workers - this responsibility typically is added in year two of the role.
- Manage the Preston Scholars Program
- Perform other duties as delegated
Stipend: $15,000 first year, $15,500 second year
Tuition Reduction: $2,100 fall and spring, $800 summer