About the week:
International Education Week (IEW) is a week of events at UofSC that promotes and celebrates international exchange worldwide. Our aim is to promote communication between different cultures at UofSC and to help develop global-ready UofSC graduates.
This week corresponds with the joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Education. The UofSC community joined this global initiative in 2004 in order to recognize our institution's global community and to promote further internationalization among faculty, staff, and students.
International Education Week contributes significantly to the university’s goal of a Global Carolina. The week offers various activities to students, faculty and staff that promote international exchange, cultural competence, and dialogue.
How to get involved:
Plan an event for your unit of campus, participate at the International Festival, or check out our list of classroom ideas for the week.
- Involve your class in IEW; see the Faculty Toolkit of ideas and suggested events.
- Register your international-friendly event for the calendar
- Host a table at the International Festival on Greene Street, Thursday, November 19, 2020.
- Volunteer to help at one or more events
- Sponsor an event during IEW
- Donate items or gift cards for event winners