Skip to Content

Parking and Transportation Services

Driver Authorization

We are happy to provide university vehicles for your use. There are a few simple steps you’ll need to take before you get going.

Authorized Drivers

You are eligible to drive a university vehicle if you are a student or you work at the university.


Two documents must be on file with our office:

  1. An official copy of your current driving record from the Highway Department
  2. A completed Driving Record Cover Form (TS-100) [pdf]

Official and Unofficial Driving Records
You will need to provide us with two copies of your driving record.

South Carolina records can be obtained online from the DMV Driver Services site. You will receive an "unofficial" copy that can be submitted with the completed TS-100 form for authorization, but we also require that you send us the official copy once you receive it in the mail.

Driving records should be sent to Vehicle Management - 703 Pendleton Street.


If you are a student, temporary employee or your driver's license is from out-of-state, you will need to renew your authorization every year.

Permanent faculty and staff with an SC license won't need to resubmit their records.

Driving Area

Undergraduate Students
You may drive around the general area of campus when the vehicle is used for:

  • official university business
  • student government activities
  • student activities, with an adviser present

Graduate Students
There are no limits to the areas where you can drive a university vehicle.

Parking and Transportation Services

    Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.