Important information for departments:
- The UofSC Postal Service is responsible for delivering all official university business-related mail to departments once daily.
- USPS mail and parcels are received Monday through Friday, with the exception of university holidays.
- There will be only one daily mail delivery, and it will be delivered by department locations in designated areas.
Addressee Name (if required)*
University of South Carolina*
Columbia, SC 29208-0001*
Addressee Name *
Department Name *
Department Location *
* Required for mailing
- All mail that is picked up for processing must have a signed Postal Authorization form.
- UofSC Postal Services is responsible for affixing postage to all outbound UofSC official business mail and parcels sent via the USPS and UPS. The amount of postage affixed will be charged back to individual departments accordingly.
- All mail picked up will go out daily.
- International shipments weighing more than 13 oz. will require a USPS Customs Form.
- UPS is recommended for parcels weighing over five lbs.
Outbound UofSC department mail that needs to be metered must be brought to UofSC Postal Service loading dock access, and will not be accepted after 2 p.m. for processing.
Marketing Mail is a method used to process bulk mail at savings to University departments at the nonprofit postal rate. The requirements include a minimum of 200 pieces for marketing mail or 500 pieces for first class. Mailings can be customized to include Business Reply Mail (BRM's) for survey and business responses.
|CASS Certification||Zip + 4||Inkjet Addressing||Sealing|
|NCOA updating||Barcoding & Sorting||Tabbing||Labeling|
|Address Standardization||Database Deduplicating||Inserting (machine/hand)||Business Reply Mailings|
UofSC requires all faculty and staff members to receive personal mail and packages at home or at their permanent address. Personal mail interferes with the transfer of official correspondence between campus offices and delays the processing and delivery of university mail.
- Any mail matter that isn't related to the University of South Carolina is considered personal.
- The university address must not be used as your permanent address unless you live on campus.
UofSC policy also restricts using university resources to deliver personal mail and packages to university employees or departments. Official University Postal Services Policy BUSA 4.00 [pdf]