Only official UofSC mail will be processed in our mail facility for dispatch. Personal mail received for processing will be returned to the sender unless you are a student living on-campus whose mail is delivered to your assigned student mailbox. Official Campus Mail Solicitiation Policy [pdf]
University Housing and Greek Village Residents
- U.S. Postal Service, UPS/FedEx/DHL
Student's Name (first name, middle initial, last name)
1400 Greene St.
UofSC Student Mail ID ______ (5 digit Mail ID #)
Columbia, SC 29225
- UofSC Intra-Campus Mail
Student's Name (no nicknames)
Mail ID # ______ (5 digit Mail ID #)
Addressee Name (if required)
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208-0001
Department Name (required)
Department Location (required)
- Scanned into the UofSC Postal Service internal package tracking system upon arrival
- Labeled with an internal barcode
- A signature is required upon delivery
Protect yourself by disposing of all "junk mail" or unwanted mail in a safe manner.
If you suspect that you are a victim of mail fraud, please contact the USPS Postal Inspector.
- Pickup mail/packages on a regular basis
- Shred all mail that contains confidential information
- Send someone else to pick up mail for you
- Allow others to have mail addressed to your UofSC Mail ID number
- Give personal information over the phone
If you receive mail that you did not request:
- Contact the company's customer service department to stop the mailings
- Email the company, keeping a hard copy of your email and any responses for your records.