Applications to serve as a Magellan Ambassador for the 2024-2025 academic year will open in early Spring 2023. Be on the lookout for our application launch!
Who Is Eligible
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student for the 2024-2025 academic year
- Be in good standing with the university
- Have a research faculty mentor
- Be currently enrolled in courses at USC
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn more about OUR including programs & events
- Have effective public speaking and communication skills
NOTE: Ambassadors may have conducted research as volunteer experiences, independent study courses, or through grant (not limited to OUR) or departmental funding, etc.
- Attend mandatory training at the beginning of fall semester
- Attend monthly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with supervisor
- Actively participate in events throughout the year (including U101 presentations, tabling events, campus-partner, student organization presentations, and Discover USC)
- Be knowledgeable about the services offered through the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Serve as a role model in the Carolina Community through this peer leadership role
Students will NOT be asked to miss class to participate in events.
- An opportunity to share your research experience with your peers, staff, and faculty of the university, and potential new students
- Build presentation and verbal communication skills
- Be a part of a community of researchers
- Networking opportunities
- Great resume-building experience
- An opportunity for a great recommendation letter from OUR staff members
- Undergraduate research polo shirt and nametag