iPosterSessions Webinars: Get up to speed with the Discover UofSC 2021 virtual platform
iPosterSessions Webinar Recordings:
Still have questions about the iPosterSessions system?
iPosterSessions offers robust support materials and a support desk to help presenters get the support they need to create an iPoster.
- Check out iPosterSessions Tutorials to learn about templates and how your iPoster will be displayed.
- Search the iPosterSessions Quick Guide and FAQs for answers to most questions about creating an iPoster.
- Contact the iPosterSessions Support Desk, and be sure to reference conference code DiscoverUofSC
With the shift to a virtual format for Discover UofSC 2021, presenters and outreach exhibitors will have the opportunity to develop new skills as they showcase their work by developing a custom iPoster to present at the event on Friday, April 23.
Reviewers will also have a new, streamlined experience at Discover UofSC 2021, reviewing iPosters virtually by using a rubric designed for their presenter group(s) (undergraduate students, graduate students, medical scholars and/or postdocs) and entering scores seamlessly into the iPosterSessions system. Three-minute thesis (3MT) reviewers will also view presentations virtually using videoconferencing technology and score presentations through a virtual process tailored to the 3MT format.
To help Discover UofSC presenters and outreach exhibitors hit the ground running once they have been accepted and received their login information, organizers will offer two virtual iPosterSessions webinars:
- Wednesday, March 10, noon to 1:00 p.m.: This webinar will provide an overview of the iPosterSessions virtual platform and customizable options, which will help presenters and outreach exhibitors get started with creating an iPoster.
- Wednesday, March 31, noon to 1:00 p.m.: This webinar will provide a brief overview of iPosters, followed by a live Q&A session. Please bring your questions.
Both sessions will be recorded and made available on the Discover UofSC website so participants may refer to them as often as needed, any time. All prospective presenters and outreach exhibitors are encouraged to register below, and attend a webinar.
Timeline for Discover UofSC 2021 participants
The below timeline is provided to help presenters and exhibitors begin planning their iPosters with the help of the webinars, and to help all participants (including reviewers) begin planning and preparation for Discover UofSC 2021.
- Friday, March 5: Registration deadline for presenters and outreach exhibitors.
- Wednesday, March 10: The first iPosterSessions webinar will be held at noon.
- Friday, March 26:
- Presenters and outreach exhibitors will receive a confirmation email from Discover UofSC organizers on or before March 26, informing them of their acceptance status for the event. That initial email will be followed on March 26 by an email from iPosterSessions with log in details and information to help participants get started with their iPosters.
- Registration deadline for reviewers.
- Wednesday, March 31: The second iPosterSessions webinar will be held at noon.
- Wednesday, April 14: Reviewers will receive a confirmation email from Discover UofSC organizers, informing them of their acceptance status for the event and providing preliminary details about the presentations they will review. That initial email will be followed by an email from iPosterSessions with log in information and other details reviewers will need on event day.
- Sunday, April 18, at 11:59 p.m.: All iPoster presentations and outreach exhibits must be published by this time. Presenters and outreach exhibitors may continue editing their iPosters until the event date; the April 18 publish is required to allow organizers to perform final checks and testing.
- Friday, April 23: Discover UofSC 2021 will go live.
Register for iPosterSessions webinars
Discover UofSC organizers will send webinar registrants a reminder email with the link to their selected session(s) about a day before each webinar event.
Registration is not required to attend a webinar; links to the events will be placed on this page about a day before they occur. If you register for a webinar, but are unable to attend, no action is needed to cancel your registration. Webinar recordings will be added to this page within 24 hours after they have concluded.
Registration for the Discover UofSC 2021 webinars is now closed. You may view the webinars using the links at the top of this page.
18 February 2021