Math Placement Exam
This test must be completed prior to your chosen Orientation date to ensure the completion of your course registration. The test will take ninety minutes. It must be completed on an individual basis. Calculators are not allowed. We recommend that all students take the practice test prior to the actual test. Only accepted students are eligible to take the Math Placement Test.
- Claim your account and set up your multifactor authentication. Select your preferred method of authentication (the free Duo Security app is the easiest and fastest way).
- Set your VIP ID Password for Self Service Carolina (SSC), (the university system for secure, personal access to University data). Your VIP ID to claim your account is found on your acceptance letter. A tutorial is available to help guide you through the process of claiming your account and setting up multifactor authentication. Questions regarding the account claiming process and Self-Service Carolina (SSC), please call the Office of Admissions at 803-313-7073.
- View my IDs and manage my passwords. Questions regarding your University of South Carolina username and password should be directed to the USC Helpdesk in Columbia at 803-777-1800.
- Access the math practice test.
- Access the math placement test..
Results will be posted on Self-Service Carolina within three (3) business days. If the results are not posted, please email Dr. Alhaddad.
Foreign Language Placement Exam
Contact: Pam Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information,