The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provides economic relief to students who incurred expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This includes eligible expenses under a student's cost of attendance such as food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and childcare. The availability of this award is not continuous.
If you incurred any of these expenses, you may be awarded funds based on guidelines from the US Department of Education. The one-time grant must be used for expenses related to disruption of campus operations and may not fully cover the expenses the student has incurred. The grants will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- USC has received an official FAFSA as of May 7, 2020
- Meet the Title IV Federal eligibility requirements
- Be a degree-seeking student enrolled for Spring 2020 term
- Not enrolled in an exclusively online program on or prior to March 13, 2020
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
This one-time award will be placed on the student’s account for Spring 2020 and an award notification email will be sent to students to view their awards on SSC. The student must also accept the certification to receive the funds. However, if you did not incur any expenses, please decline the awards via SSC. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our campus Financial Aid Office.