The online graduation application in Self Service Carolina is the first step you will need to take in order to graduate from your academic program. Review the application and award processes to better understand what happens once you submit your application. The deadline to apply for Spring graduation is March 10, 2023.
As a recent graduate (Summer 2022, Fall 2022, or Spring 2023), you have the option to participate in USC Lancaster’s Commencement exercises. We are very proud of your accomplishments, and we welcome and encourage your participation in Commencement at USC Lancaster.
Associate Degree Cap and Gown Order
- Associate Degree candidates must order their academic regalia from the USC Lancaster Bookstore. Please visit our website to purchase your cap and gown.
- Cap and Gowns need to be ordered by TBA.
BSN and Palmetto College Cap and Gown Order
- The customary academic regalia worn by USC baccalaureate degree candidates bears the seal of the University of South Carolina. The University seal is embroidered in garnet and appears on the front of the academic gown. You may order your academic regalia. You may order personalized invitation cards from the Balfour Company.
A response concerning your attendance at the 2023 USC Lancaster Commencement exercises is required. Deadline to RSVP is TBA.
Please Confirm Your Attendance
Mandatory Rehearsal and Reception (Graduates ONLY)
We will rehearse one (1) time prior to Commencement on TBA.
Please put this date and the times (below) on your calendar and plan to be present. It is MANDATORY that you attend this rehearsal.
· Reception is at 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm in the Special Events Room in the Bradley Building.
· Rehearsal is at 6:00 pm at the USCL Rose Garden.
Due to limited seating, each student will be issued a limited number of tickets for guests during rehearsal. Please remind your guests to bring their tickets to graduation. We will not be able to accommodate guests without tickets. We will provided a virtual link to view the Commencement Ceremony to anyone who is unable to attend.
Children under the age of 5 will not be admitted into the graduation ceremony.
University of South Carolina Palmetto College Chancellor, Dr. Susan Elkins, will confer our degrees. She will be accompanied by other dignitaries and several members of the University Board of Trustees. We are most grateful to them for joining us and participating in our Commencement exercises.
Following Commencement, graduates and guests are invited to attend a reception in the Special Events Room in the Bradley Building.
Beneath the academic gown, we recommend you wear:
- A dress shirt and dark dress pants
- A dark dress or a dress shirt and dark skirt
- If the dress or skirt is shorter than the length of the gown, it can be any color
- Dark dress shoes
- For safety and comfort, we recommend low-heeled shoes
If special arrangements or disability related services are required, please contact the Office of Academic and Student Affairs at (803) 313-7007. Advance notice is required by TBA for any arrangements or service requested.
- USC Columbia’s Commencement exercises for the College of Nursing will take place on Friday, May 5, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. and Palmetto College commencement exercises will take place on Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. in the Colonial Life Arena. Please contact the University of South Carolina Office of the Registrar if you wish to participate in Columbia’s Commencement, (803) 777-5555. You can check your status for Commencement on my.sc.edu after you contact the Office of the Registrar. Information concerning participation in USC Columbia’s Commencement exercises.
- Last day to apply for Spring Graduation (Associate/BOL/BLS):
- Last day to RSVP for Commencement:
- Commencement Rehearsal and Reception (Graduates Only):