Awards Ceremony/Order of the Coif Induction
Thursday, May 5 at 5 p.m.
Karen Williams Courtroom, School of Law
- Students will be invited to attend this event via email communication from the Office of Student Affairs and/or the Law Registrar's Office
- Guests are allowed
Thursday, May 5 at 6 p.m.
School of Law
South Carolina Law will host the Commencement Celebration honoring the Class of 2022. Bring your family and friends to join the faculty and staff to celebrate.
- Graduates and ONE guest are FREE (additional guests are $40/person)
- Children 10 and under are FREE
- Reserve tickets (both paid and unpaid) by April 29
- Cocktail Attire
Friday, May 6 at 9 a.m.
- Graduates are to report no later than 7:30 a.m. to the School of Law.
- Commencement begins promptly at 9 a.m. and will last approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Guests: There is no limit on the number of guests attending commencement on the Historic Horseshoe.
- Parking: The Pendleton Street Garage (entrance is on Bull Street) will be available for guests attending Commencement exercises. Guests may park at the metered spaces in the garage at no charge. Please do not park in reserved or handicapped spaces unless you have a permit to do so. Metered City of Columbia parking is available on the streets surrounding the Horseshoe, and those with handicapped license plates/placards may park at City of Columbia meters at no charge. Limited handicapped parking spaces are located behind many university buildings. The School of Law and the University of South Carolina are not liable for any parking fees or citations.
- Restrooms: The closest restrooms for the general population are located in the Russell House, located on Greene Street, parallel to the Horseshoe. School of Law staff will be on hand to direct guests needing assistance to accessible restrooms closer to the seating areas if needed.
- Inclement Weather: in the event of inclement weather, the USC Board of Trustees, in conjunction with the dean of the School of Law, will notify local media outlets by 4 p.m. on Thursday, May 5, 2022. If the decision is made to relocate from the Horseshoe, the inclement weather location is the Koger Center for the Arts. The information will also be posted on the School of Law website.