The Federal Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) is a federally subsidized loan to cover tuition, fees, books, laboratory experiences, and other reasonable educational expenses.
The NFLP is a loan cancellation program with a service obligation for recipients of the loans. To be eligible for the maximum 85% cancellation, the Borrower must agree to serve as full-time or part-time nurse faculty at a school of nursing for a consecutive four-year period following graduation from the program.
Who is eligible to apply?
• The NFLP is available to U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents who are enrolled
full-time or part- time in an eligible master’s or doctoral degree program in nursing.
How does the NFLP compare with other educational loans?
• Applicants are not required to submit the FAFSA form.
• The NFLP is not need-based.
What are the NFLP requirements for students enrolled in a USC CON graduate program?
• Successfully complete at least two nursing education courses.
• Possible courses: NURS 724 Education in Nursing; NURS 725 Nursing Education & Curriculum; EDCS 725 Principles of Curriculum Construction, and NURS 727 Teaching Practicum in Nursing.
What educational expenses are not covered by NFLP?
• NFLP does not cover living expenses, transportation, food, or other personal expenses.
What is the period of support through NFLP?
• Subject to the availability of funds and in good standing in the educational program, NFLP loans may cover educational support for the duration of the course of study, not to exceed 5 years.
For more detailed information regarding the NFLP please call 803-777-6100 or email email@example.com