Campus Recreation COVID-19 Screening Survey
Participants must complete this screening survey daily in order to be allowed access to Campus Recreation facilities.
Campus Recreation re-opening updates
We need your help in keeping everyone healthy and safe. In accordance with state, UofSC, and fitness industry guidelines Campus Recreation has made the following changes to promote safety during this unprecedented time:
- Membership (through August 14)
- A Carolina Card will be required for entry of all patrons.
- Anyone (18 and older) with a Blatt membership may utilize the STWFC until August 3.
- No guests or guest passes will be permitted.
- Enhanced Safety Standards
- Face coverings will be required to enter the facility, and in all non-activity spaces.
- Face coverings are not required in fitness/activity spaces.
- All employees and patrons will be required to complete a screening survey and temperature
check prior to entering the STWFC.
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 are not limited to but do include cough, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, a temperature greater than 100⁰F.
- Anyone who has a measured temperature of greater than 100⁰F should contact the Coronavirus Phone Bank at 803-576-8511
- If you have been exposed to someone showing these symptoms or who has tested positive recently, please contact your healthcare provider.
- Patrons should wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water before using equipment and disinfect equipment before and after use.
- The entry system is touch free.
- Capacities are reduced throughout activity spaces.
- Reservation systems are available for Group X, Climbing Wall and Swimming Lanes
- Maintain at least 6 feet of physical distance. Multiple physical distance grids (6’x10’ matrix) have been established to clearly define personal workout spaces.
- Traffic flow patterns have been marked throughout the facility.
- Increased and thorough cleaning will be conducted using an approved hospital grade disinfectant.
- Increased sanitization stations will be available.
- Plexi-glass barriers will be installed where appropriate.
- No items will be available for check-out from Equipment Issue.
- Personal bags should be put in the locker room. They MUST be placed in cubbies if brought into the fitness space.
- Personal items brought into activity spaces will be limited to:
- Water bottles, swim googles/cap, bath and or sweat towel, and small personal fitness items (yoga mat, jump rope, weight belt, lifting straps, etc.)
- No sporting equipment will be allowed.
- All staff, except group fitness instructors, will be required to wear face covering.
- All staff will complete enhanced cleanliness and sanitization training.
Climbing will be limited to boulder surface exclusively. A reservation system has been created for all in-person classes, please visit the Climbing Wall page for more information.
Activities will be limited per state guidelines.
The Fitness area has expanded to Main Gym Courts 1 & 2. Some equipment has been relocated or eliminated to provide sufficient physical distancing. Freeweights, selectorized strength, and cardio equipment are available.
In person classes will resume on a limited basis. Each class size is reduced to ensure physical distancing. A reservation system has been created for all in-person classes, please visit the Group X page for more information. Additional virtual classes via social media or third-party offerings will continue to be offered.
Limit one swimmer per lane. A reservation system has been created for all in-person classes, please visit the Swimming Pools page for more information.
Day use lockers have been redistributed to maintain as much physical distance as possible. Select showers are available, spaced to ensure physical distancing.
These rooms will be used exclusively for Group X classes.