In addition to sports clubs, which travel and compete with other schools, current University of South Carolina students, faculty, staff, spouses, and CarolinaCard-holding Gamecock Gateway/EPI students can participate in on-campus intramural sports. Anyone can play intramurals – whether you lettered in high school, or have never kicked a ball.
The corec, fraternity, men’s, sorority and women’s teams are recreational and usually have one game per week (3 – 4 games per season). Games typically occur after 3 p.m. on weekdays and Sunday afternoons or evenings.
Leagues and Tournaments Offered
- Basketball – 3 v 3 (Fall)
- Basketball – 5 v 5 (Spring)
- Bowling – 4 v 4 (Fall & Spring)
- Dodgeball – 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Dodgeball – 8 v 8 (Spring)
- Flag Football – 4 v 4 (Spring)
- Flag Football – 7 v 7 (Fall)
- Floor Hockey – 6 v 6 (Spring)
- Futsal - 5 v 5 (Spring)
- Golf Scramble – 4 Person (Fall & Spring)
- Kickball (Fall & Spring)
- Racquetball (Fall & Spring)
- Soccer - Indoor – 5 v 5 (Fall)
- Soccer - Outdoor – 7 v 7 (Spring)
- Softball – 10 v 10 (Fall & Spring)
- Ultimate Frisbee – 7 v 7 (Spring)
- Volleyball - Indoor – 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Volleyball - Sand – 4 v 4 (Fall & Spring)
- Table Tennis (Fall & Spring)
- Tennis (Fall & Spring)
- Wiffleball – 6 v 6 (Spring)
- Dodgeball Tournament - 6 v 6 (Fall)
- Pool Battleship Tournament (Fall & Spring)
- Spikeball Tournament - 2 v 2 (Spring)
Weather Cancellations (RecCheck Hotline)
10 Steps to a Winning Intramural Experience
- Find teammates on campus through your dorm, clubs or classes.
- Choose a captain and know the registration deadline.
- Have a team representative or the captain visit the Intramural Sports Office (WFC 201D) before the deadline to register. The earlier your team signs up, the better your game times will be.
- When you register, pay the team registration fee using CarolinaCard, check or cash.
- Once registered, create your team on imleagues.com and invite your teammates to join via email or have them log in to join.
- Always double-check your game's start time prior to your game.
- Defaults are better than forfeits. If you can't make a game or can't field a full team, call the Intramural Sports Office by 3 p.m. on the day of your game (11 a.m. for Sunday games). Two forfeits in a season will exclude your team from playoffs.
- Check your email regularly. Playoff brackets, schedule changes and other important information will be emailed to all teammates via imleagues.com.
- If you have questions, call the intramural sports office at 803-576-9387 or email email@example.com.
- HAVE FUN!