- You must be a South Carolina resident.
- You must be a dependent student.
- You must be an undergraduate student.
- You must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You must have completed a 2017-18 FAFSA and additional follow-up documentation requested by our office.
- You must have a total adjusted gross income less than $100,000.
- You must be ineligible for a Federal Pell Grant, but demonstrate an expected family contribution, via the FAFSA, that indicates lower middle income status. The EFC threshold for lower middle income status is adjusted annually based upon funding availability.
If you receive this award, you will receive a letter in the mail with an explanation of the requirements of the grant. The USC Access Grant is unique in that the availability of the award is contingent upon institutional funding levels for the program.