- You must be a South Carolina resident and graduate within the top 10 percent of your high school class in your junior or senior year.
- You must have completed a FAFSA and any additional follow-up documentation requested by our office by April 1. No additional application is necessary.
- Your family income must be below $80,000.
- You must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Students must maintain continuous full-time enrollment.
Award Amount and Semester Limit
The USC Commitment Grant covers regular full-time tuition, technology fee, and an average value of the program fees. If actual tuition and fees exceeds the regular full-time tuition rate and average program fees, the grant will not be increased. This award is limited to eight semesters.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. To receive this grant, you must be enrolled at least 12 hours.
Homeschool students must participate in a homeschool association with at least 20 students and you must meet all other eligibility requirements. Schools that do not rank will be calculated based on percentiles received from high school counselors.
The USC Commitment Grant is an eight semester commitment regardless if your family's income changes.
The Financial Aid Office will notify students who are eligible. There is not a separate application.
Admissions will determine top 10 percent eligibility. Financial aid will then use that to determine eligibility for USC Commitment. Top 10 percent can be at the end of the junior year or senior year.