For the short-answer questions below, we suggest you type responses in a Microsoft Word (or similar) document to check for spelling and grammar, and then paste them into the application fields.
Roles and Responsibilities Agreement
The Magellan Ambassadors represent the Office of Undergraduate Research through providing outreach and guidance to USC students about how to get involved in undergraduate research. Magellan Ambassadors seek to share with others about their research experiences and are dedicated to spreading the word about undergraduate research with the goal of getting more students involved.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend mandatory training in the fall (Monday, August 19, 2024; 12 pm - 5 pm)
- Attend monthly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings with supervisor (based on Ambassador schedules)
- Actively participate in outreach events throughout the academic year (including University 101 presentations, tabling events, campus partner and student organization presentations, and more!)
- Volunteer at Discover USC
- Maintain knowledge about the services offered through the Office of Undergraduate Research
- Serve as a role model and peer leader in the USC community
*You will never be asked to miss a class in order to fulfill an Ambassador requirement