Tomorrow, Friday, April 23, 2021, Discover UofSC organizers will welcome presenters, reviewers, mentors and friends to our first-ever virtual showcase of research, scholarship, leadership, creativity and innovation.
How to join
Discover UofSC 2021 is free and open to the public. All are welcome to join in by visiting the Discover UofSC 2021 iPosterSessions Conference website, no registration or login required. Event features will go live at 7:00 a.m., with the morning presentation session running from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and the afternoon presentation session beginning at 1:00 p.m. and wrapping up at 2:30 p.m.
On the conference site, visitors will find all of our event features:
- Video welcomes from UofSC President Bob Caslen and UofSC Vice President for Research Prakash Nagarkatti
- An engaging keynote speech by COVID-19 expert Helmut Albrecht, Chair of the Prisma Health Midlands Department of Internal Medicine and as the Heyward Gibbes Distinguished Professor of Internal Medicine at the UofSC School of Medicine
- Nearly 1,000 iPosters by UofSC undergraduate students, graduate students, postdocs and medical scholars from the UofSC School of Medicine and Prisma Health
- Three-minute thesis speeches by UofSC graduate students
- Outreach exhibits hosted by faculty/staff-supported campus organizations across the UofSC and Prisma Health communities
- Live “Chat” or “Video Session” functions accessible through buttons in the lower portion of each iPoster to allow visitors to interact with presenters and exhibitors
How to get help
Discover UofSC organizers will have a robust support team available throughout the day on Friday to ensure all presenters, mentors, reviewers and visitors can access the help they need to participate.
- For event-specific questions about presenting expectations, reviewer assignments, reviewing rubrics, etc., use the Discover UofSC website contact form to send your questions. Organizers will respond to questions submitted through the contact form throughout the day.
- For presenter technical issues with iPosterSessions functionality, logging into an iPoster, etc., email the iPosterSessions Support Desk and be sure to reference conference code DiscoverUofSC. iPosterSessions Support will respond rapidly to questions they receive via email throughout the day.
- For reviewer technical questions or for help in accessing or working with the Discover UofSC Reviewer gallery, please contact our access support at email@example.com and be sure to reference the conference code DiscoverUSC.
If you need immediate support with an emergency question or issue, drop into our live support session from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 23, for help.
After the event
Organizers want to hear from Discover UofSC 2021 presenters, mentors, reviewers and visitors through our feedback survey.
This annual event is proudly sponsored by the Office of the Vice President for Research. Thank you to our stakeholders for making our first virtual Discover UofSC event vital and successful.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research
- The Graduate School
- The Center for Integrative and Experiential Learning
- The UofSC School of Medicine
- Prisma Health
22 April 2021