On Saturday, Dec. 15, the University of South Carolina School of Law held a hooding ceremony for its December 2018 graduates. The intimate ceremony took place in the Judge Karen J. Williams Courtroom at the School of Law and honored the 16 graduates who completed their course of study.
Robert M. Wilcox ’81, dean of the law school, presented remarks tailored to each graduate, and Eboni Nelson, associate dean for academic affairs, hooded each student as his or her name was called by Susan Palmer, associate dean for student affairs.
Six of the 16 graduates were dual-degree students, who—in addition to receiving their JDs—also received their master’s degrees, including three MBAs, one International MBA, one Master's of Public Administration, and one Master's of Accounting. Four graduates were also recognized for completing the Children’s Law Concentration program.
The 16 graduates included:
- Eleanor Mincy Bleecker (M.B.A.)
- Hazel Angelica Bridges (M.P.A. and Children’s Law Concentration)
- Carla Jeter Bryson (Children’s Law Concentration)
- Robert King Franklin Jr.
- Melissa Christina Fredette
- Alexandra Mackenzie Harris (Children’s Law Concentration)
- Ra’na Heidari
- Madison Moss Hill (Children’s Law Concentration)
- Brian Johnson
- William James Lollini
- Daniel Ezekiel Martin III (M.B.A.)
- Drew Mitchell Painter (I.M.B.A.)
- Benjamin Elliott Romski (M.B.A.)
- Michael Richard Teigen (M.Acc.)
- James Allen Villanueva
- Kyle Tyrek Watson