By serving on the Student Advisory Council, students have the opportunity to positively impact the learning environment at the University of South Carolina by contributing to an institutional initiative during monthly meetings. Specifically, members:
- Develop critical thinking skills to discuss, question, and debate presented topics and consider how their shared thoughts and opinions have the potential to impact their peers.
- Contribute ideas thoughts, and opinions about CIEL programming as well as outreach and marketing initiatives.
- Participate in monthly group discussion-based meetings to further their understanding of presented materials.
- Collaborate with peers to reach a unanimous opinion or state opinions as representations of only themselves.
- Practice professionalism during disagreements of opinions and understand the importance of individual voices within the committee.
Students at USC Columbia may apply for Council membership each spring. The Student
Advisory Council meets once per month during Fall and Spring semesters. Contact us
for further information at CIEL@sc.edu
2022-2023 Student Advisory Council Members
|Paris Balkcon||International Business|
|Megan Carey||Finance, Accounting|
|Alana Dea||Public Health|
|Morgan Grace Steele||Political Science|
|Sophie Henry||Biological Sciences|
|Samone' Howard||Public Health|
|Anaiah Kenaa||Public Health|
|Kennedy Petersen||Retail Management|