After submitting your deposit you should complete the following:
University of South Carolina Tasks
- Log on to Self Service Carolina. Self Service Carolina (SSC) is your personal student
account you will use during your time at Carolina. If you have not already done so,
use your IDs provided in your USC Admissions Portal to set up your account and log on to SSC. You will be prompted to complete the following steps:
- Add security questions for account verification
- Access your USC email and set up your email preferences
- Add emergency contact information
- Set up Multifactor Authentication (MFA). Use these step-by-step instructions
- Complete your housing application by May 3.
- Read this step-by-step document to learn how to complete your housing application
- You can access the housing application after logging on to Self Service Carolina
- Housing questions? Please call (803) 777-4283 or visit the University Housing office webpage.
- If you have applied for admission to another USC campus, you must cancel all other USC system applications before you can apply for on-campus housing! Once cancelled, notify USC Columbia Admissions at 803-777-7700.
- Upload your Immunization Records on MyHealthSpace using your USC credentials.
- Please note, MyHealthSpace requires students to use their USC username to log in, not your VIP ID number. Your USC username is the first part of your USC email and can be found in the Manage User Account page on Self-Service Carolina.
- Need assistance? Student Health Services offers a step-by-step guide or call them at 803-777-9511
- Prepare to get your CarolinaCard by completing the cardholder agreement and uploading a photo.
- If you have questions, contact the CarolinaCard Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for New Student Orientation starting on March 27 at Noon. Registration will close on May 12.
- All students will need to attend a day one meeting that will begin at 9:15 a.m. so please plan travel and arrival time accordingly in consideration of Orientation check-in.
- Gamecock Gateway students will attend New Student Orientation with all other first-year
students at USC on the following dates:
- June 7 - 8
- June 12 - 13
- June 14 - 15
- July 24 - 25
Midlands Technical College Tasks
- Complete all of the steps required in your MTC Welcome Letter
- Set up your MyMTC account using your MTC ID provided in your MTC Welcome Letter
- You will receive your welcome letter to the email you used to apply to the University of South Carolina
- Letters will be sent once the admissions staff at MTC has been able to process files in late March or early April
- Update your FAFSA code to reflect your enrollment at Midlands Technical College
- MTC's FAFSA code is 003993
- Need help completing your FAFSA? Contact Midlands Technical College's Educational Opportunity Center for assistance
- Deadline: ASAP. April 15 is the priority processing deadline. Students who apply by the priority deadline have priority consideration for a variety of aid offered by Midlands Technical College. July 15 is the guaranteed processing deadline. Please note, as a two-year institution, MTC distributes financial aid later than four-year institutions. However, students who apply for financial aid by July 15 are guaranteed to have their application processed in time for the fee payment deadline. If you have financial aid questions, call MTC Student Financial Services at 1-800-922-8038. Reminder, all financial aid and scholarship will be processed by Midlands Technical College. You will not receive aid from USC.
- Did you know that the Midlands Technical College Foundation offers student scholarships each year? This application is only open until April 15th, so you'll need to act fast! You cannot submit this applications until you have set up your MTC Account in step 1. Find more information on applying here
- Submit a high school transcript to the Midlands Technical College Admissions Office
- This only needs to be completed if you did already submit an updated transcript when you completed the Gamecock Gateway deposit and admissions process.
- Mid-year grades calculated on or after January 1st, 2022
- If you are in a year-long class without mid-year grades, then you will need to submit a transcript as well as a report card showing your grades from the first semester of your senior year
- Questions? Reach out to MTC Admissions at 803-738-7879
- Complete your MTC Placement Testing (if required)
- Information will be shared via an Advisement Ready letter sent to your email
- Some students may be required to take an English and/or a Math placement test based on standardized test scores and high school courses/grades
Need technology help?
MTC IT Help Desk
Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 5:00pm, Friday 8:00am to 1:30pm
USC IT Service Desk
Chat online with a technician, Available Monday-Friday 9:30am to 4:30pm
Phone: 803-777-1800, Available Monday-Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm
Starting in May, you should work to complete the following:
- Complete MTC Lawful Presence form (if applicable)
- If you are required to complete a Lawful Presence form there will be an alert in your MyMTC Self-Service account
- Send all academic records to both MTC and USC within one week of your high school
- Including official score reports for AP/IB scores, Dual Enrollment transcripts from the credit granting college/university, and final high school transcripts
- Note: SC LIFE Scholarship cannot be considered without final high school transcripts
Later this year you will complete the following:
- First Things First Retreat
- An optional retreat for First Generation college students enrolling in the Gamecock Gateway program
- More information will be shared this summer via email
- Move-in to Bates House
- Gamecock Gateway move-in will take place in August. Exact date and times will be shared during the summer.
- Get ready for college to start with Boost Week
- Boost Week is Gamecock Gateway's orientation to all things USC and MTC! We'll get you ready for classes and help you start to get to know your new classmates and campus
- Gamecock Gateway students are required to participate in Boost Week Extended Orientation programming