Skip to Content

Student Affairs and Academic Support

Office of Student Advocacy

Sometimes, things don’t go according to plan. An illness keeps you out of class. A family emergency requires you to be away from campus. You have a concern, but you’re not sure who to tell. Maybe you have a problem you’ve tried to solve, but you’re stumped about what to do next. We can help.

Need help?

Fill out our online form to request an excused class absence or get help with another concern. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.


Our staff can guide you to resources, refer you to programs and explain university processes so that you can solve your problems and make informed choices about your academic career.


Common Concerns

Before you contact our office, you might try going straight to the source. Look below for a list of common concerns and the offices that can address them directly.

Your instructor, or the chair of the department if you've already spoken to your instructor.

Office of the Bursar

Carolina Card office        

Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life    

Financial Aid and Scholarships   

Review the hardship withdrawal webpage.

your academic adviser

For help with other issues, contact the Office of Student Advocacy at or 803-777-4872 (4USC).

Challenge the conventional. Create the exceptional. No Limits.