When you are asked about your disability in the application, think about the following:
- How does the disability affect your experiences, learning, reading/writing, housing, dining, technology use, etc.?
- What are your limitations?
- What tools facilitate your success?
You must submit documentation from a current treating physician that:
- is on letterhead
- includes your name and date of birth on all documentation
- is signed and dated
- states a diagnosis or diagnoses
- provides support for the diagnosis and how it meets the definition of a person with a disability under the ADA
Submit your documentation with the online application form or:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliver in Person: LeConte College, Room 112A
- Fax: 803-777-6741
- Ask your provider to submit the documentation directly to us
3. Schedule your orientation.
Once your application is processed, you will receive an email from our office requesting
that you call 803-777-6142 to schedule your orientation. You must complete this step
to access disability services.
4. Attend your orientation.
If you are an incoming student in the fall, consider scheduling your orientation on the day before or after your USC orientation. This may require an extra night on campus. To adjust your reservation on campus, visit Self Service Carolina and select Orientation Services to modify the number of days you will stay. You may schedule up to three consecutive nights in housing.
All information provided to the Student Disability Resource Center is confidential. Only with the written consent of the student will information be provided to appropriate offices when information has been deemed necessary to support the individual’s educational and professional pursuits. We include the student in any conversations related to him/her. Specific information (including documentation) relating to the student’s disability will not be given out without written permission from the student. It is strongly recommended that all forms and documentation be returned to our office before the start of the semester in order to allow time for processing.