- Each testing date will close and be removed from our registration site approximately one week before it takes place. Once it has been removed, no additional students will be allowed to register for that date.
- Before completing the form below, make sure that you know your USC email address and VIP ID. (Your VIP ID is an 8-digit number beginning with either zero or one. This is also the number used to log in to Self Service Carolina. ) Additionally, you will be asked to select your exam language and choose a testing date.
- After registering for your exam, a confirmation email will be sent to your USC email
- For in-person exams - Students should bring a copy of their confirmation email and a Photo ID to the
Foreign Language Learning Center in room 101 of the Humanities Classroom Bldg at their
scheduled testing time.
A reminder email of this appointment will be sent to your USC email address five days prior to your scheduled testing date. (In-person exams will next be offered in February and March, 2024.)
- For remote exams - Your exam will be available for you to access any time on your scheduled testing
date. Once you are ready to begin your exam, you will be required to take a short
quiz to remind you of USC's policies for Academic Integrity. Upon completion of this
assessment, you will then have access to take your placement exam.
A reminder email with more information about your exam will also be sent to to your USC email address five days prior to your exam date. In this email, you will learn how to download and install Respondus and will be given the opportunity at that time to take a practice quiz to make sure that Respondus has been installed correctly on your computer.
Please note the requirements for technology before registering for a remote exam. All remote exams require to the use of Respondus Monitor. Students will only be allowed to take an exam remotely if they have access to the minimum technology required for Respondus Monitor including a Windows or Mac computer, a webcam with a microphone and a broadband internet connection. If students are not able to take the exam remotely because of issues with technology, they are encouraged to either take the exam in one of USC's computer labs with Respondus software enabled or wait and take the exam on one of our in-person testing dates.