Student Clubs and Honor Societies
Most clubs welcome any level of language proficiency and host both language and cultural events. Be sure to ask if your language club has a language table, an informal meeting over a meal. It's a great way to practice your language in a casual setting.
The Association of Saudi Arabian Students at UofSC works to create a community for Saudis at UofSC and to present the culture in the best way possible to the wider community. You can follow them on Facebook or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Friendship Association of Chinese Students and Scholars. You can join their Facebook group or email them at email@example.com for more information.
Alpha Iota is the University of South Carolina’s chapter of the national organization Eta Sigma Phi, an honorary society for classical studies which welcomes all undergraduate students who study or have studied the Greek and/or Latin language. You can find out more information about us by contacting one of our faculty:
- Alexander J. Beecroft (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Catherine Castner (email@example.com)
- Paul Allen Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mark A. Beck (email@example.com)
- Hunter H. Gardner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Heike Sefrin-Weis (email@example.com)
- Jason M. Osbourne
- Patrick McManus
Join fellow Francophiles at French Club for a conversation on current French social and cultural trends. All levels welcome! Follow them on Facebook or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Come practice your German with the German Club and learn more about the culture! Email the club at email@example.com for more information about meetings.
Come practice your Japanese at Nihon Club and learn more about the culture! Email the club at SONIHON@mailbox.sc.edu for more information about meetings.
Want to know more about Brazilian Portuguese? Join our club.
- Get involved with UofSC's Chi chapter of Sigma Delta Pi. We encourage you to be officially inducted into the honor society, but all students are welcome to participate in our meetings and events!