One award in the amount of $800 for the 2016-2016 academic year will be made to a student majoring in International Studies.
- Major in International Studies
- Financial need
- Enrolled full-time at the University of South Carolina, Columbia campus, or through an approved study abroad program
- Will return as a full-time student for the 2015 Fall semester
1. Include a cover sheet that lists full name, last four digits of student ID (SS#),
local address and telephone number, permanent address and telephone number, email
address, total credit hours by spring 2015, overall GPA.
2. Include a personal statement of no more than 500 words describing:
a. The nature of your financial need.
b. How your major fits your long-term goals
c. Your proudest accomplishment and/or the greatest obstacle you have overcome in pursuing your goals
d. How this scholarship would make a difference in your academic career
3. Application materials should be placed in an envelope or folder addressed to Professor Neal Woods, Director of Undergraduate Studies. Please do not bind/staple materials.
4. Submit your application materials in hard copy at the main office of the Department of Political Science (3rd floor Gambrell Hall – double glass doors labeled Room # 346-352) during regular business hours by noon on Friday, February 26, 2016.
1. A selection committee of faculty will review all application.
2. A final decision regarding the award recipient will be made by 1 April 2016.
3. Applicants will be notified of their status after committee review of the files.
Thursday, January 21, 2016