As the fall semester winds down, it's time to get into the holiday spirit. Here are a few festive events to help celebrate the season in Columbia.
- Carolina Lights- The drive-through light experience will feature more than 100 individual LED light displays along an expanded route in the Lexington Medical Center Fair Park at the S.C. State Fairgrounds. The light display will feature favorites from last year along with several new displays.
- Holiday Jazz Night- Join the Alumni Association's Columbia Gamecocks for a Holiday Jazz Night on Tuesday (Dec. 6) at 6 p.m. for a live, in-person performance by professors from the School of Music.
- USC Choirs of Carolina Present: A Holiday Garland of Choirs Concert- Join the Choirs of Carolina for a festive concert of seasonal favorites, audience sing-a-longs, and beautiful, time-honored classics.
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze- This annual tradition wraps a Broadway-style production around an infusion of contemporary circus arts. As lights dim and the music swells, audiences will have visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads as a fantastical cast of holiday storybook characters come to life.
- Holiday wreath making workshop- In this hands-on workshop, participants will learn about winter foliage and how to assemble a holiday wreath using seasonal greenery and ribbon. Each participant will leave with a fresh wreath to complete their holiday décor.
- Columbia City Ballet's Nutcracker- This show is Columbia's holiday family tradition that brings joy and magic to the holidays and features an enchanting story, amazing sets, festive costumes and the timeless classical score.
- Fireflies Holiday Lights- See over 1 million lights, experience themed areas, holiday shopping, food and Santa at Segra Park.