Topics covered in training include:
- Rules of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Hazardous waste identification, storage and disposal
- Emergency response (chemical spills, personnel exposure, etc.)
- Minimization of hazardous waste
If you have never received hazardous waste training, you must first attend an initial classroom training session, presented by EHS at various locations around campus.
- Select the class you would like to attend from the schedule, and follow the instructions to register.
- Once you have attended the initial classroom training session, you must then take the online Hazardous Waste Training quiz to complete your training requirement.
- Keep a copy of your certificate in the lab binder.
After initial classroom training has been completed, the annual refresher training requirement may be met by completing online Main Campus training or SOM training and taking the online Hazardous Waste Refresher Quiz.