This program applies to facilities that have fuel or oil storage greater than:
- 1,320 gallons in above ground containers.
- 42,000 gallons in underground containers.
Each facility or area of the UofSC campus with this threshold level of storage is required to have a detailed plan that addresses operating procedures:
- to prevent oil spills.
- to control measures to prevent spills from entering navigable water.
- countermeasures to contain, clean up and mitigate the effects of an oil spill.
An SPCC plan must contain the following elements:
- Description of the facility’s physical layout and diagram that indicates locations of oil storage and handling;
- General facility description of oil storage and handling areas;
- Discharge prevention measures for handling product;
- Description of spills in the previous 12 months;
- Analysis of potential spill scenarios;
- Description of spill notification procedures and coordination with local authorities and spill response contractors;
- Spill prevention plan with inspection and monitoring program, engineering controls, preventive maintenance and housekeeping procedures, formal spill response training, and security measures;
- Documented review and update of procedures every 5 years;
- Certification that an assessment has been completed and management approval.
More About SPCC Requirements
Contact Jordan Riddle at 803-777-4995 or email email@example.com.