If you are a new faculty setting up your new laboratory or an existing faculty who has been assigned a new lab space, please complete the new lab start-up form [pdf] and email it to Jocelyn Locke at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your research involves the use of biological materials, copy Sherika Smith (email@example.com) as well.
Once the form is received, EH&S will schedule a new lab startup meeting with you to discuss applicable safety policies and regulations for your new laboratory. Representatives from Chemical and Lab Safety, Biological Safety and Radiation Safety programs will be present depending on the type of materials you will be using in your research.
If you need information on Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) approval requirements or starting an IBC protocol, please refer to the IBC website or contact Mark Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review our inspection checklists for an introduction to the safety standard for the university's laboratories.
- General Lab Safety [pdf]
- Biological Safety [pdf]
- Chemical and Physical Safety [pdf]
- Radiation Safety [pdf]
- RSMS log in
- Chemical inventory log in
- Chemical Hygiene Plan and Lab Safety Manual
- Training requirements
- Training schedule
- Hazard Information Notice for lab entrance
- Emergency equipment and procedures
- Personal protective equipment
- SOPs for High hazard chemicals and Processes
- Incident report
- Biosafety Level 2 (BSL-2) Signage for Lab Entrance Door [pdf]